COVID-19 was a hugely challenging pandemic the world had to face. As the spread accelerated, it was difficult for countries to overcome this pandemic. As reported by WHO, this virus is still alive everywhere.
With the rise of Covid cases from mid-2020 in Sri Lanka, the Ministry of Health needed a way to collect covid related data in a centralised system. As a solution, Sanmark created the HIUS for free to be used in hospitals under the Ministry of Health of Sri Lanka to help the healthcare sector manage resources during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Features of this system assisted the healthcare providers in fighting Covid Pandemic in many ways,
- Diagrammatic representation of data to make decisions quickly and accurately
- Multiple users with different permissions
- Diagramatic data comparison to easily understand the changes in the statistics
- Easy accessibility
- Simple user interfaces to make the system easily usable for people with less technical experience
- Email and SMS reminders to avoid forgetting data entering
- Instant circular updating system
- Instant messaging system
After a period of successful usage, the Ministry of Health wanted to extend the system’s capabilities, and USAID funded the further development of HIUS through the FHI360 organisation. HIUS project is now widely used; we develop new features and maintain them regularly. To manage the project successfully, we followed the Agile methodology throughout the project.
Used Technologies: Git, Docker, Laravel livewire, Chartjs, Firebase