COVID-19 was a hugely challenging pandemic the world had to face. As the spread accelerated, it was difficult for countries to overcome this pandemic. As the records granted by WHO, this virus is still alive in the world anywhere.
With the rise of Covid cases from mid-2022 in Sri Lanka, MOH needed a way to collect covid related data in a centralised system. Many people invented many innovations to control that situation. But most of them are difficult to implement practically.
To overcome this problem, Sanmark created the HIUS for free to be used in hospitals under the Ministry of Health of Sri Lanka to help the healthcare sector manage resources during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
Through the features of this system to overcome covid pandemic in many ways,
- Diagrammatic representation of data to make decisions easily and accurately
- Multiple users with different permissions
- Diagramatic data comparison to easily understand the changes in the status
- Easy accessibility
- Simple user interfaces are designed to make the system easily usable for people with less technical experience.
- Email and SMS reminders to avoid forgetting data entering
- Instant circular updating system
- Instant messaging system
After a while of successful usage, the Ministry of Health wanted to extend its capabilities, and USAID funded the further development of HIUS through the FHI360 organisation.
HIUS project is still live; we develop new features and maintain them regularly. We hope to develop this system feature smartly.